Is the Inch Plant toxic?
Simply put, yes this plant is toxic. Although it will not cause great harm if swallowed by humans or pets, the sap that excretes from the leaves and roots could cause contact dermatitis on the skin. It can potentially cause harm to those who have sensitive skin, or those who have an allergy to a variety of plants. If you have come in contact with the sap, wash your hand immediately, this should alleviate any further complications. Like all houseplants, handle with care, and keep away from small pets or children who may want to interact with said plant on a personal level.
What’s the ideal temperature?
Since the Inch plant originates from tropical climates, it’s best to recreate a warmer climate for the best growth. Its living spaces should be kept between 65 and 75 degrees year-round, anything below 50 degrees can cause the leaves to discolor or damage.
Does it purify the air?
Not only is the look of the Inch plant good for your psychological well-being, but it is great for your physical well-being as well. This plant is an air-purifying beauty! It cleans the air of allergens, dust, pollutants, and potentially harmful toxins. Hanging this plant in your kitchen or bathroom will keep the pollutants in your home low, and will benefit the plant as well.