Is the Snake Plant toxic?
The Snake Plant is considered a moderately toxic plant for humans and animals. If ingested, it can lead to swelling, nausea and numbness of the tongue. While the effects are not as prominent in adults, it can be worse in kids and animals. As a result, avoid placing this plant within reach of pets and children.
What’s the ideal temperature?
The Snake Plant’s ideal temperature is within the range of 60° - 80° F (15° - 27° C). You do not need to make special accommodations temperature-wise, so long as your household’s temperature falls in this zone. Do not place your plant in spaces that are hotter or colder than this, as it could lead to reduced growth.
What’s the ideal humidity level?
Since it is native to Africa, the “Mother-In-Law’s Tongue” prefers high humidity. It still excels in a wide range of average household humidities, but if you feel that yours can use a little extra care, occasionally use a water bottle to mist its leaves.
Does it purify the air?
Yes, the Snake Plant is extremely adept at purifying the air in your household!